As LGBTQ topics are no longer "in the closet" in Chinese society, and Taiwan is well on its way to marriage equality, Hornet enlisted one of the most credible survey companies, Insight Xplorer, to understand how social and dating apps play a role in the lives of gay men.
In November 2017, a sample of nearly 700 interviewees between the ages of 18-50 who identified as gay, bisexual or curious underwent the online 15-minute survey.
Here are some of the survey's key findings:
- In Taiwan, the "penetration" of gay social and dating apps is an outstanding 90.4%.
- Among gay men in Taiwan, 81.9% consider these apps to the best way to meet other men.
- Among all gay apps, Hornet is the #1 gay app in the Taiwan market.
- Of Hornet's users, 60% use the app multiple times per day.
- When surveyed on why gay men use gay social and dating apps, they said: to consume relevant content (87.1%), because of an app's large user base (85.9%), and because the apps make their lives fun (83.6%).
For more details on Hornet's survey, please find the report here.
About Hornet Networks
Hornet is the world’s premier gay social network. Founded in 2011 with the mission to build the digital home for the gay community, Hornet has grown to 25 million total users by utilizing cutting-edge technology for its dating platform and producing original editorial content to connect a community around common interests. Hornet provides a superior user experience and is number one in the key markets of France, Russia, Brazil, Turkey and Taiwan, and is consistently expanding its sizable user base in the United States. For more information, please visit hornet.com.
Hornet, Where Guys Connect.